Steam allows you to change the default skin of the client. To change the skin, you first need to go to the website steamskins.org and download the desired skin, then in Steam’s folder create a new folder called skins, then unzip the downloaded file to that folder and finally change the skin in Steam client.
This may seem complicated, but trust us it isn’t, and we’ve made a video showing you how to change your skin on Steam using Windows 10.
- First we will download the skin. Open the browser you’re using (in our case it’s Google Chrome).
- Type http://steamskins.org/ and press Enter
- Choose the skin you want to use
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click DOWNLOAD
- We will now create a new folder in Steam’s folder where our skins will be located
- Open the Steam folder. The easiest way to find this folder is to right-click on the Steam shortcut and then on Open file location
- To create a new folder, right-click on an empty space, then New, then Folder
- Name the folder skins
- We will now unzip the skin that we downloaded to the newly created folder. Open the skins folder we just created
- Open the file we downloaded
- Copy the contents of the file to the skins folder
- We will now change the skin on Steam. Launch Steam.
- Click on Steam
- Click on Settings
- Click on Interface
- Under Select the skin you wish to use, select the skin we installed
- Click OK and then RESTART STEAM