How to Translate a Column in Google Sheets
Google Sheets has a handy function that allows us to translate something written in a column into any language. The function has three parameters. The first is the column from which it is translated, while the other two are the language from which it is translated and the language into which it is translated. Google Translate is used for translation.
Watch our video where we show you how to translate a column in Google Sheets using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.
- How to translate a column in Google Sheets
- We will translate from English to Spanish. First we will make two columns. One for English words and the other for Spanish translation.
- We will enter a few words in the column English
- Click on the B2 field, where the word cat from the A2 field will be translated
- In the function field, type =google and select GOOGLETRANSLATE from the drop-down menu
- We have to enter three parameters in this function. The first is the field we want to translate. In our case it is the A2 field.
- Then we put a sign , and the next two parameters are initials of the language we are translating from and the language we are translating into separated by a sign ,
- The whole function reads: =GOOGLETRANSLATE (A2, “en”, “es”)
- To translate the other fields, select B2 field and drag it to the other fields.