If you need to have a field in Google Sheets that will always display the current date and time, the good news is that there is a function for this, so you don’t have to manually update that document every day. The date and time will not change while working in that document, but will only be updated when you open the document.
Watch our video where we show you how to create a field in Google Sheets that will always show your current time and date.
- How to Create a Field in Google Sheets That Will Always Show the Current Time and Date
- Select the field where you want to display the current time and date
- Type =now() and press Enter on your keyboard
- We can also create a field that will only display the date. Type =today() and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Each time you open this table the date and time will be updated