By default, when you post a picture or video on Instagram, all users will be able to see that picture or video. If you add tags, such as #nature or #travel, to your post, anyone searching for these keywords will be able to find your post.
If you do not want other users to see your posts, you can achieve this by making your account private. When the account is private, your posts will not appear in search results, and only your followers will be able to see them.
Watch our video tutorial where we show you how to make your Instagram account private or public on Android.
- How to Make Instagram Account Private or Public on Android
- Tap on the profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen
- Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Privacy
- To make the account private, turn on the option Private account
- Tap on Switch to Private
- To make the account public, turn off the option Private account
- Tap on Switch to Public