How to Send a Disappearing Message in Instagram for Android
If you want to use Instagram to send a message with sensitive information, which is better not left on the phone, the solution is disappearing messages. When you send a disappearing message, it will be automatically deleted as soon as the person you sent it to sees the message and exits the chat.
An additional security measure is that it is not possible to screenshot these messages, nor record the screen while the message is open. If you try that, the picture or video will just be a black screen. You can see that in the tutorial, since when we enter the mode for sending such messages, the screen is completely black and the message we are sending is not visible.
Watch our video tutorial where we show you how to send a disappearing message in Instagram for Android.
- How to Send a Disappearing Message in Instagram for Android
- Tap on the icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Open the chat with the person you want to send a disappearing message to
- Swipe up from the bottom like in the video to enter the disappearing message mode
- For security reasons, in this mode recording and taking screenshots is not possible, and the screen will be black if you try.
- Other than this, everything is the same as when you send a regular message