In English, the pronoun i and is always written in capital letters. Therefore, in Microsoft Word, when you type a lowercase letter i and then press Space, this letter will automatically be capitalized. Convenient option when writing in English, but a problem if writing in another language.
Watch our video in which we show you how to stop automatic capitalization of the letter i in Word using Windows 10.
- How to Stop Automatic Capitalization of Letter i in Word
- Click on File and then Options
- Click on Proofing
- Click on Auto Correct Options…
- In the field below Replace, type the letter i
- In the section below, a rule will appear that converts the lowercase letter i to uppercase. Highlight this rule and click Delete
- Click on OK and then OK