The Google Translate app for Android includes a handy feature that will help you translate anything, including text messages. All you have to do is copy the text you want to translate, press the Google Translate button, and that text will be translated. Best of all, you’ll also be able to use the Google Translate option that will read the text, either in the language you’re translating from or into.
Watch our video tutorial where we show you how to translate an SMS message using Google Translate, using Android.
- How to Translate an SMS Message Using Google Translate
- If you do not have the Google Translate application installed, install it from the Play Store
- Open Google Translate
- Tap on the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on Tap to Translate
- Turn on the options like in the video
- Tap on Manage permissions
- Turn on the option Draw over other apps
- Open the SMS message you want to translate
- Tap and hold on the message you want to translate, then tap the button to copy the message
- Tap on the Google Translate button and the message will be translated