Coloring cells with a specific color in Microsoft Excel can be a convenient way to highlight the data contained in those cells. This is most commonly used to highlight cells that contain data of the same type, such as zip codes, company names, or product prices.
In Excel, it is possible to count all cells that are colored with the same color. Unfortunately, there is no specific command for this so we have to improvise. Watch our video tutorial where we show you how to count colored cells in Microsoft Excel using Windows 10.
- How to Count Colored Cells in Microsoft Excel
- In the Home tab, click on Find & Select
- Click on Find …
- Click on Options
- Click the arrow next to the button Format…
- Click on Choose Format From Cell…
- Click on the cell that is colored with the color whose cells you want to count
- Click on Find All
- Here you can see the number of cells that are colored with the selected color