When working with tables, it often happens that you need to mark the columns with numbers. You can do this manually by entering numbers in each column, but this is tedious and inefficient.
Google Sheets includes an option to automatically number columns. You can start numbering from any number, and it is possible to number every second, third, or any number. Watch our video where we show you how to automatically number columns in Google Sheets using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.
- How to Number Columns in Google Sheets
- Click on the cell from which you want to start numbering and type 1
- Click on the cell below and type 2
- Select both cells and drag to the cell to which you want to number columns
- You can start numbering from any number, and the procedure is exactly the same
- You can also number every second, third or any number