A large number of Android users report constant crashes and unpredictable behavior of applications such as Gmail, Viber, Google Chrome, Yahoo Mail and others. Google has confirmed that this is the result of a bad update to the system application Android System WebView. This update has been pulled and replaced with a new version that is working properly.
Android System WebView needs to be updated to fix application crashes. Some versions of Android do not have this application installed. Instead, this app is integrated into Google Chrome. If you don’t have the Android System WebView app, all you have to do is update Google Chrome to solve this problem.
Watch our video where we show you how to fix Android System WebView.
- Open Play Store
- Tap on the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner of the screen
- Tap on My apps & games
- In the Updates tab, we’ll first update Google Chrome
- Find Google Chrome in the list and tap Update
- Wait for the update to complete. If you have Android System WebView, do the next step.
- Find Android System WebView in the list and tap Update
- Wait for the update to complete