When you’re working with someone in Google Docs, it would be nice to get a notification when someone makes a change to a document or writes a comment to you. The good news is that Google Docs includes an option to receive notifications via Gmail in these cases.
- How to Get Notifications for Comments and Edits in Google Docs
- Open the document for which you want to receive notifications. Click on Tools.
- Click on Notification settings
- Here we have two sections COMMENTS and EDITS. In the COMMENTS section, the All comments option will send you a notification for every comment.
- The option Comments for you will send you a notification only when someone writes a comment mentioning you.
- In the EDITS section, the only option is Added or removed content, and here you will receive a notification when someone adds or deletes content in the document.
- When finished, click on OK. You will receive notifications via Gmail.